& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 5 months ago #1712

• RachelPAtoSH
Welcome to the site, Cheri.
There is a brilliant DVD on sale here.
Go to SHOP and Music, and Isle Of Wight - Live is there.
As a rare US visitor, we will send you a complimentary copy.
Post your full address to the webmaster or in here.
Again, welcome!
Rachel (PA to Steve)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 5 months ago #1713

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Oh girl, I feel you totally. I am also an American (by way of NY) Your shock that you had never been exposed to his work, your being impressed by it, the feeling of being giddy like a school girl, oh yes, these are feelings I am so very familiar with. Go check my "fresh meat" post for my story: www.steveharley.com/forum/7-welcome-mat/1646-fresh-meat.html

Now I have plently of his albums (a few on sweet, sweet mother vinyl!) and am reveling in some of the best tunes I have ever heard!

Welcome aboard dear! Good to see another US person.

Hey Rachel! I'm an American! Where are my free goodies!?? I tease, I just wanted to point out that Steve has some pretty dedicated US fans out here! :laugh:
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 5 months ago #1716

• cheri
Rachel, thank you soooooo much!! A free Steve Harley DVD is an offer I definitely can't refuse. :)

I ordered a signed copy of his book, "The Impression of Being Relaxed" about a week ago. Perhaps they could be sent together? At any rate, my address is as follows:

Cheri Ives
2527 Twin Creeks Drive
San Ramon, CA 94583
United States

A big hug and love and kisses to Steve for all of his fantastic music. Tell him that I play his songs every night before I go to bed so that I can wake up with a random song playing in my head. :) Also, please tell him we want to see him here in the US; he'd take it by storm.

Thanks again. :)
Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1723

• My Only Vice
Hi Cheri,

Welcome aboard the good ship Harley, and congrats on discovering Steve's music. I'm envious of you in a way - there's so much out there for you to discover for the first time, I'd love to have that pleasure all over again.

With Steve's music being so diverse you'll be in for plenty of treats and surprizes. The 'Best of' CDs are a decent place to start, but they don't tell the whole story. Please buy the album CDs; you'll be in for a great ride if you do. And I agree with the Isle of White DVD recommendation - it's great (but is it formatted for the States? Mmm, not sure).

Enjoy!

Mark.
I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea . . .

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1725

• crazy horse
yeah ,i was wonderin if the DVDs would play in the states ,and i think it will be a problem i have several american released DVDs and they dont play on my main system ,but the good news is they play fine on my PC ,its just a shame i cant see them on the BIG tv

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1728

• cheri
Mark, I've scoured YouTube for every song I can find. It's amazing how many songs Steve has written. I'll take your advice and buy some CDs; I have one coming sometime after Christmas (The Quality of Mercy), but was thinking of buying a couple of his early CDs, too, specifically Human Menagerie and Psychomodo.

Crazy Horse, I don't mind if I can't watch the DVD on my tv as long as I can watch on my PC. I have a pretty big screen. :)

Thanks, guys, for your comments. I'm looking forward to receiving the Isle of Wight DVD and I have ordered his book, too. Lots to look forward to! :)

Cheri